About 1880, settlers began arriving in southwestern Manitoba, necessitating this cemetery above Newcomb’s Hollow, south of the actual community of Old Deloraine. Founded in 1881, the community was first called Zulu but citizen demand had it changed to Deloraine when the town was moved to meet the railroad in 1886. This hilltop cemetery is a beautiful place to spend eternity!
The only other remnant of Old Deloraine is the bank vault from the community’s private bank. More about the vault at http://www.youtube.com/watch? feature=player_profilepage&v=9C4iLbUMVSs