Burchill House, 404 11th & Louise, Brandon, MB
Quiet eloquence, Queen Anne style is once again represented in this handsome brick house, one of three fine homes that grace this Brandon intersection. Built in 1905 for William Burchill, co-owner of Burchill and Howie Meat Market in the Burchill Block on Rosser Avenue, its roofline is distinctive with its steep hipped roof descending into the rounded porch cut with an impressive dormer and small balcony. The semi-circular window beneath the clipped gable end adds further visual interest. Every opening has a sunburst header. This house has a twin at 322 11th Street in Brandon.