SAFEGUARDS AT SACRED PLACES
“The here of vigilance and the now of seeking.”
-Beautiful Painted Arrow
Because of the nature of the energy present at sacred sites, it is important to visit them in an appropriate manner. Ancient sites require of us a special attention; they require us to be wise in the present moment. Here are some basic safeguards when researching ancient energy. Smudging is a suitable cleansing method, either a small twist of sweetgrass or cedar inside your vehicle or outside, but not if it’s dry weather. This comprehensive list is by writer Maxine Asher. Adherence is personal but I have found #6, #7 and #8 to be most important.
- Maintain optimum mental and physical health.
- Practice interaction with vibrations at local ancient sites.
- Do not preprogram information about the area you plan to visit.
- Begin work in relatively untraveled regions.
- Eat lightly before visits
- Transmit less and receive more.
- Never enter a site in ‘neutral’. Always manifest a positive aura of protection at all times.
- Always discharge energies after leaving a site.
- Systematically record observations and experiences.
- Be patient in waiting for results.
- Travel alone whenever possible.
- Be careful in your handling of words and intonations at ancient sites.